You can’t enough Nordstrom Cafe Tomato Basil Soup without the Parmesan Garlic Crostini! These were very easy and very good!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (4 ounces) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated garlic (not garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 baguette, cut on a sharp diagonal into 3/8-inch-thick slices, each about 5 1/2 inches long
1. Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat it to 350°F.
2. Mash the butter, cheese, salt and granulated garlic together in a medium bowl with a rubber spatula until combined. Stir in the parsley.
3. Using a flexible metal spatula, spread each slice of bread with a generous two teaspoons of the butter mixture in an even layer without any “bald spots.” Do not skimp. Arrange the crostini, spaced closely but not touching, on a baking sheet. The unbaked crostini can be prepared to this point up to 3 hours ahead, covered with parchment paper and stored at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.