Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate
The summer has ended and the cold weather is upon us! I still can’t believe last week it was 90 degrees and today was in the 50’s. My wife and 3 kiddos were getting cold so I decided to warm them up with some Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate! You could just get a little packet of cocoa mix and add hot water but thats no fun for kids. So I found the perfect recipe that will warm you and your kids right up!
4 Servings | 5-7 Minutes
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Boiling Water
- (3) 1/2 Cups Milk (I used 0% Fat Free)
- Reddi Wip
- Smuckers Carmel
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half Cream
- Combine Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Sugar, and boiling water in a saucepan. Mix together with water.
- Bring mixture to lite boil and continue to stir for a couple minutes
- Stir in Milk and heat up but do not boil. I used the Nuwave Cooktop to make and keep warm. You can see it here.
- Pour in to Mug
- Add Reddi Wip
- Take a spoon full of Carmel and drizzle it on the Reddi tip
- Add Sprinkles to your liking
- Once removed from heat add 3/4 Vanilla Extract
- Add a splash of Half and Half Cream to the mugs your using before adding Hot Chocolate
I am just a average dad (The Food Dad) learning how to cook for my amazing wife and 3 kids under 3. I do my best trying to cook but if you have any tips or have made Creamy Hot Chocolate let me know by commenting below. Everyday is a new cooking adventure so looking forward to filling this website up with practical and useful kid friendly recipes. Enjoy!
You can show support by following and like me on: